The 3-hour Savvy Birth Pro Workshop is designed to prepare CVD doulas to help their clients assert their right to evidence-based care in a respectful way that builds bridges, not walls. The inspirational knowledge you will gain from the Savvy Birth Pro Workshop will have a positive ripple effect that extends to your clients, the professionals you work with and your community! This workshop was developed by Evidence Based Birth® to give professionals the skills they need to make a genuine difference and help their clients attain the best possible chance at evidence based care during pregnancy and labor.
1. Define evidence-based care and discuss statistics on the quality of birth settings in our local community
2. Discuss the major reasons why we have an evidence-practice gap, including the power hierarchy and how it is a barrier to evidence-based, family-centered care
3. Discuss ways that we can bridge the evidence-practice gap at the system level
4. Discuss specific strategies we can use to help our clients obtain evidence-based care
Each workshop attendee will be provided with a PDF copy of the Savvy Birth Pro Student Manual.
Workshop attendees will also have the opportunity to purchase a flash drive & lanyards for Professionals for $20; which ship directly to you. Flash drives include:
● Folder with handouts for the attendee's personal use: Includes PowerPoint workshop handouts and Tickets for Pros
● Folder with handouts for permission to use with clients: EBB® Essentials one page handout, Empowered Communication Handout, Empowered Policy Handout
RSVP deadline is October 30th. Workshop attendees who want to purchase EBB® flash drives and lanyards must RSVP NO LATER THAN OCT 22nd to ensure shipment to their homes on time. You must choose the Flash Drive/Lanyard deposit option below. (you also get a deposit discount)
Other Critical Information:
- This workshop is worth 3 nursing contact hours from the Kentucky Board of Nursing. Most doulas and CBEs can claim nursing contact hours towards their certification. CPMs can as well. The target market for this workshop is doulas, childbirth educators, and nurses.
Mallory Ward is a clinical researcher with a Master’s degree from Northwestern University in Global Health, specializing in fetal and maternal health. She is DONA trained birth and postpartum doula, certified birth doula through the Pacific Association for Labor Support (PALS), certified childbirth educator through GentleBirth, and Evidence Based Birth® Instructor. In addition to her work as owner and doula of Evidence Based Doula, LLC where she primarily serves medically complex pregnancies, multiples, and NICU families, Mallory also is a volunteer birth doula with Chicago Volunteer Doulas. She is passionate about delivering unbiased, evidence-based, digestible information into the hands of all birthing people to empower them to demand the perinatal care they need and deserve. She recognizes the importance of systemic power reform within the healthcare system and advocates for this change through her work and continued trainings.
- November 06, 2021 at 1:00pm – 4pm
- 11 people are going
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter